Vintage Decoy Contest
John Purvis Memorial Vintage Decoy Contest
2024 Contest Categories
Any Carver or Factory From Each State or Province Below
Minnesota Puddle Duck
Ontario Puddle Duck
Pennsylvania Puddle Duck
New York Puddle Duck
Indiana Puddle Duck
Contemporary – Any Great Lakes decoy post 1960
Vintage Decoy Contest Rules
- Only GLDA or ODCCA members may submit entries. Note: Two entries per category per member. A member’s spouse (also a member) can enter two per category as well.
- No previous first place winner in any category may be entered in another contest for the following two years.
- Decoy must be pre-1960 and carved as a working decoy unless otherwise noted (any contemporary category is 1961 to present).
- Pairs constitute a single entry.
- Judging based solely on the decision of the judges.
- First place (Blue Ribbon Winners) from each category will be displayed while the membership votes on “The People’s Choice Award.”
- Entering this contest gives the GLDA the right to photograph and publish your entries.
Vintage Decoy Contest Schedule
8:30am to 9:30am – Registration
10:00am to 11:30am – Judging
11:30am to 1:30pm – Membership viewing
1:30pm to 2:00pm – Membership pick up of
all decoys except blue ribbon winners
4:00pm to 6:00pm – Membership viewing of category winners and voting for “People’s Choice” continues during the “Favorite Flock” display and cocktail party